2012 Audi S4 consumer reviews

$47,300–$48,700 MSRP range

side view of 2012 S4 Audi

90% of drivers recommend this car

Rating breakup (out of 5):

  • Comfort iv.four
  • Interior pattern 4.5
  • Performance four.8
  • Value for the coin 4.2
  • Exterior styling iv.6
  • Reliability 4.4

Not bad fun machine

Keen auto and fun to drive. Also has kept up with newer motorcar standards somewhat and does not truly seem or feel like an 8 twelvemonth erstwhile car. However I am set up for an upgrade. Overall fast cool fun motorcar and pretty reliable for the virtually office.

Show full review

Best accommodating everyday car I've ever driven

The Audi S4 is the total package! Slap-up fun, super quick, head turner, fuel efficient and totally reliable. I drove this car with my friends and, no joke, I know vii people who purchased an S4 later they drove mine. It's THAT corking.

Prove full review

Astonishing in the wintertime hands tuned

June 2020. Owned the machine for almost 3 years now. Bought my S4 2012 at about 80k from Lauzon Audi in Laval and they gave me an astonishing service so far. Now around 112K and this car is amazing in full general. Very solid and peachy sense of security. I find the car very comfortable and so far very reliable. The S4 seats offer swell lateral back up and i notice them very comfortable. (6f / 155lbs). I love the quick boost you lot get from the supercharger combined with this V6. Mine has a DSG/ Automatic manual and it feels appropriate for this kind of power. Not a fan of automatic trans but very cool when combined with this power plant. It'due south a bit olfactory organ heavy and has significant understeer when cornering. It's feels similar a heavy car due to many factors including engine placement and Quattro transmission. The version equipped with the sport differential tin can potentially help in corners if you are looking for more performance in these situations. Volition help turn the car. It bought information technology tuned with a stage 1+ and it delivers about 400hp+ and around 375 lbs of torque. The manufacturer will non encompass the extended warranty that would ordinarily utilise on non modified S4 but it's a trade off that I was willing to brand when I bought it! Only using 94 Octane every bit requested later this tune/ ECU flash. Things to watch: The defroster/vent in the front is very narrow and ice builds upward easily when the motorcar is exposed to freezing rain especially when driving on the highway. The heater is non very hot and the A/C is not very common cold. Perhaps maintenance is needed on the A/C after nine years of existence. This V6 engine has carbon build upwards and could potentially need an extensive clean up. I did non get this trouble yet but I know they exist. Many videos on YouTube. One of the extended warranty issued by Audi is the secondary air flow carbon build up. An oxygen sensor that needs to be cleaned past Audi. (Code P0411) If the 1 yous are buying is tuned, this 1000$+ operation is non covered by the Audi'due south extended warranty. Zip major but your engine light volition pop. Mine comes on and comes off past itself Sentinel for paint falling off around lower office front fenders towards the door hinges. The B8 and B8.5 practice not have plastic trims to protect the narrow portion of the fender parallel to the tire. I have institute at Audi a role that fitted and was installed with 2 self taping screws "custom" to protect the fresh paint. I was using S5 alloy wheels i winter and it really didn't help since the bore heart of these bicycle are not the aforementioned as S4 wheels, extruding the wheels a niggling further towards the edge of the fender. My brakes (fifty-fifty if new and installed OEM rotors and pads) always felt a bit besides weak for me. I owned a few VW GTI and the brake feeling is quite the opposite. DSG Transmission oil change is not cheap and needs to be done every 60K... Other than that no problem then far. The car is solid, it launches like a rocket on pavement or in the snow. I'm no skillful but I have learned a few things about the Audi S4 B8.5 since I bought information technology! I'one thousand satisfied with the machine in general and I'm willing to invest the coin to go along this automobile maintained properly. I believe that it'southward a commitment that S4 owners have to make in gild to exist happy with the cost related to driving such a car. If you find a clean ane that has been loved and that you are willing to invest and get a lot of comfort and performance in render, you lot will be happy.

Bear witness total review

Expensive to maintain

Information technology's a nice vehicle until yous demand required manual service and oil changes amend take deep pockets.. My manual went bad 10k miles into my ownership its eight months needs a 8k transmission time to motility on from this i.

Show total review

super quick

insane pickup, not a lot of engines noise, cool interior design, enough of room for over 6 ft ppl in front but that so leaves no room in back.

Show total review

Discreet luxury sport rocket

Just got my used 2012 S4 with auto and 66,500 miles on it. The car had 2 previous owners and looked equally close to just off the exhibit floor as could exist. Later on 2 months I'm loving it. I read a lot of reviews by owners before getting it because I don't have deep pockets and I knew Audi's can be expensive when they break. I was amazed to hear that reliability had not been an issue, so I rolled the dice and got mine. I really can't think of any other car that for the price (got mine for under 21k) that comes close to having the looks and performance information technology has. 0-60 5 secs stock. With a simple stage i program and no other mods to engine you lot can get some other 100 hp and 80+ lbs of torque and drop the 0-60 closer to iv secs. And information technology stops simply every bit quick. The leather and suede sport seats look great and hug you in the twist and turns. Haven't taken a long bulldoze withal then can't comment on long drive condolement, but they've been comfortable for me so far. I accept the premium which doesn't have the adaptable suspension. It handles great, lilliputian to no roll in the turns at speed. On the firm side of course, but not painful. It sits high enough that that it doesn't bottom out easily and front end clears most parking curbs. I really wanted a manual, which I haven't had for years, but already realizing I'm ameliorate off with the motorcar. I can drive 1 handed if needed (if I'm drinking or snacking). This is my offset paddle auto which is well-nigh as fun as a manual. Shifts are pretty quick with the paddles. I exercise notice occasionally a slight lag, simply not oftentimes. Down side is if it lags or I miss the shift at redline the limiter kicks in and later on that the limiter starts automatically shifting at 4K. You tin fit 4 adults comfortably in auto. I've had my wife and her friend in back and they said they were comfortable. My married woman's on smaller side at 504 her friend tho is well-nigh 508. Oh. I'm 604 180 and have enough of legroom in front and even jumped in back and felt in that location was legroom for me with forepart seats about halfway upwardly. I as well like that backseat seat backs fold near apartment so you can extend your torso space into backseat. I'm a piddling disappointed with gas mileage at the moment. I'm getting 18 mpg. I drive on boilerplate lx miles a day split betwixt freeway and streets. I do play some simply not enough that it should be drastically reducing the mileage. I plan on putting new plugs and points in presently just because I'chiliad not sure if they've been since new. Last but definately non to the lowest degree. This affair is fast. Put your right human foot down and the awd rockets the speedo clockwise at warp speed. Even cruising at lxxx if you put your foot down you'll be triple digits in the blink of an eye. Only to be clear I'm not partial to any maker. I similar many of the models from all high end auto makers. But seeing as I do not accept those deep pockets the S4 was my best choice, and I have to say even if coin wasn't an issue, I'd still get the S4. After having it just these two months I am impressed with its performance. I already liked its styling/look.

Show total review

My most favorable machine I've owned.

The amazing functioning of this auto is the best also every bit the pipe I've had installed just makes this auto breathtaking! The experience you'll go is definitely worth it.

Show total review

Corking! Super sporty automobile !

This has been great since I accept owned information technology for 2 years at present and at that place isn?t ane thing I could say negative nearly it , as long as y'all go on any motorcar mai taiened it volition go on you lot going !

Show full review

Great reliable auto.

Beloved it. Sporty fun to bulldoze, impeccable handling, quattro AWD makes it tank in the snow that tin can become anywhere. Reliable due west very few issues.

Show total review

Fantastic Automobile

Quiet, fast, comfortable, cruises easily at 80 MPH, reliable, corking styling. The But complaint is a machine at this price point does not stream music BT. It does have AUX cable input.

Testify total review